The Russian scientist Elie Metchnikoff (1845 – 1916) popularized the idea of “Dys-symbiosis” or “Dysbiosis,” describing an imbalance in the microecology of the digestive tract. When the microbial balance of the gut is disturbed, opportunistic, or “bad”, bacteria can overgrow and mitigate the effects of the “good”, predominant bacteria needed for a healthy gut.
Advantages of the Organix® Dysbiosis Profile
- Reports D-arabinitol, a specific marker for Candida sp., which can cause disease in patients, especially if they are immunocompromised.
- Reports D-lactate, an indicator of L. acidophilus overgrowth and carbohydrate malabsorption.
- Utilizes the LC/MS-MS method, providing more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.
- A single urine specimen is easy for patients, leading to increased patient compliance.
- Discrimination between microbial classes allows for more focused and targeted therapies.
- An economical follow-up test for practitioners to monitor targeted therapy.
There are no reviews yet.