Dr. Justin is happy to answer brief questions via email you may have about your protocol or symptoms. If the question can be answered in less than a minute Dr. Justin will answer it. If it is a complex question which requires further back and forth communication, Dr. Justin will recommend scheduling a brief consult to address it, or address it at your next consult if it’s not an emergency.
Dr. Justin has handouts regarding supplement reactions and certain supplement instructions. See the members area first for those handouts. Including supplement reactions, die off reactions, thyroid support instructions and HCL and digestive support guide instructions.
Dr. Justin is not a medical doctor; he does not service medical emergencies, diagnose, treat or issue protocols for any medical diseases. If you have a medical emergency, you must contact your primary care physician or dial 911.
Dr. Justin is a licensed chiropractor who supports chemical, physical and emotional stress imbalances, with the goal of promoting wellness.
Dr. Justin no longer sees patients in person at a physical location. Dr. Justin sees patients virtually over the phone or video from all over the world.
Most people that desire a physical consultation with their doctor, find that a video and screen sharing consultation can provide as much support or more as an in-person consult would.
To schedule your consultation please go to www.justinhealth.com/schedule
Phone is the default method of communication unless video is requested before or even during the consult.
It’s very important we keep good two-way communication if any issues occur as most of the times there are solutions for them.
If you are feeling overwhelmed the best step is to schedule a consult asap to review progress and break up the next steps in your health journey into smaller chunks so you feel less overwhelmed.
Dr. Justin is a very caring doctor. He is deeply passionate about empowering people to take back their health and live fully balanced happy lives. He found his way to his career through his own health challenge and knows what it’s like to have a chronic health condition. In working with thousands of patients, he practices kindness and understanding through all of his interactions. Please see our testimonial page of our website for feedback from many of his patients.
Dr. Justin and the office staff are committed to responding within 2 business days.
It’s important to highlight the goal of the new patient consultation is to gather information about the patient that will help guide diet, lifestyle, supplement and lab recommendations that may be made initially. As patients engage in follow up consults, diet and supplement recommendations will be refined as feedback from the patients and labs are received. We will use the new patient paperwork as starting point to dive deeper into the patients specifics health issues. Some patient expect to get more info out of the new patient consult, but the expectation is really that the doctor receive more info about you to help guide our long term treatment plan (which will be reviewed more thoroughly when labs are in).
Dr. J and his staff will address the following during a new patient consult:
- What has worked and what hasn’t worked: To get a sense of what has worked in the past and what hasn’t worked in the past regarding previous practitioners and self-work. Our goal is to do more of what has worked and less of what hasn’t worked. This information is also very meaningful in regards to coming up with a plan on how we move forward.
- Complete metabolic history: To get a complete view of your metabolic history (Gut health, respiration, neurological etc). This can give us clues in what direction we should head in. This also helps us prioritize diet, lifestyle, supplement and lab recommendations. Also, previous history from parents and relatives also helps provide very important information as well.
- Diet and lifestyle history: To get a sense of your previous diet, lifestyle, movement, sleep and lifestyle habits. This gives us a starting point regarding how much support you may need in upcoming consultations. Many people may need additional follow-up support regarding diet and lifestyle until they can show the doctor a level of competence in these areas. Some patients may be doing great and need very little support. Our goal is to create a customized program that meets each patient where they are at.
- Old labs: To briefly review old labs (If any) to get a sense of what has been on the radar with previous doctors. Some patients may only have a few labs which can be reviewed at the new patient consult. Some patients may have dozens of pages of lab results and typically need to be reviewed at the follow-up consult. We put more weight on labs within the last year and of course any labs where values have been outside of the conventional lab ranges. Dr. Justin will review your labs from a conventional perspective but also interpret the labs through an optimal health range perspective too.
- New labs: Once we have gathered the information from above, we will be able to prioritize and recommend specific new functional medicine lab tests to help us assess the function your body systems (Hormones, gut/infections, and detox). These labs help provide us with more information, so we can get to the root cause of your health challenges. The more labs we can order up front (typically 1-4 labs based on your body systems), the better we will be able to create a comprehensive functional medicine program that works.
• Important Notes: Some patients may expect a full treatment program during the new patient consult, this is not possible as labs haven’t been ordered and more data is needed to be collected before that can happen. If patients have realistic expectations entering the new patient consult, it allows us to work together better and increase our chances of achieving your health goals.
1-30 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program. 1 lab test may be reviewed if time permits.
Troubleshoot any issues with your functional medicine program. This appointment type does not provide enough time to review lab work.
30-45 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program. 1-2 labs test may be reviewed during this time.
60 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program. 3-4 labs test may be reviewed during this time. *Patients are charged for the time block used not the time scheduled.
Paperwork can be filled out and sent via our online form:
New patient paperwork: https://justinhealth.com/new-patient-form
Depending on the type of test, the samples required are saliva, urine or stool. All tests are completed by the client through easy test kits that are self-administered in the comfort of your own home. Dr. Justin does not do any blood tests.
Dr. Justin has learned over many years that the accuracy of your lab findings and the quality of the professionals performing the lab tests is the key to you uncovering what’s going on. Quality is not equal across all lab companies. Many times we see “normal” test results from regular lab companies and our lab tests find many “functional” problems. The lab companies used by Dr. Justin have the highest testing standards and the most consistent lab results year after year. These are not replacements for regular medical tests, these tests are only used to detect “functional” issues rather than medical problems and aren’t meant to diagnose or recommend protocols for diseases. We are attempting to detect problems with the functioning of organ systems prior to the onset of a disease.
Dr. Justin carries his own line of high quality supplements which have been formulated to achieve the best results in the right specified dosages. These supplements are also stored in an air conditioned environment and come directly from the manufacturer.
If you want to do your own research on different supplements, you can do so but we do not recommend it. We do not provide any other recommendations nor advise on other specific blends or brands. If you purchase other supplements from other manufacturers, please research carefully. Not all ingredients are equal. There are many issues regarding supplements from Amazon and other sites being counterfeit.
Our authorized laboratories are only able to sell test kits to licensed practitioners. Dr. Justin uses specific lab tests from small lab companies that exclusively offer functional medicine tests. Larger national labs and local hospital based labs are not helpful for these types of highly specialized tests.
Dr. Justin does all lab review sessions and will design your protocol during your lab results consultation. The rest of our team helps with follow up, nutritional and lifestyle coaching as well as with disseminating all of our health and wellness educational information.
Below are the following lab turn around times regarding how long it will take to process your test and receive your results. Please use these times to help you schedule your next appointment.
1-2 lab tests, 30-45 minutes is needed for.
3 or more lab test will require at least 45-60 minutes.
Please schedule according to how many lab tests you have and or add extra time if you have more questions. You will only be charged for the time you need, not the time you schedule, just give it your best guess.
Lab turn over time:
Blood test (5 business days from the blood draw).
MDL blood or ZRT test (1.5 weeks from when mailed).
DRG test (10 days from when mailed).
GI MAP (4 weeks from when mailed).
Organix test (4 weeks from when mailed).
Salivary Tests: 201, 205, 208, 209 (2 weeks from when mailed).
401 H stool test: (2 weeks from when mailed).
Heavy metal urine test (2 weeks from when mailed).
The number of labs recommended will depend on your individual situation including the number of issues you struggle with and the length of time you have been experiencing them, but the range is 1-4 lab tests.
The number of labs recommended will depend on your individual situation including the number of issues you struggle with and the length of time you have been experiencing them, but the range is 1-4 lab tests.
We encourage clients to book 1-2 months in advance. Depending on the time of the year, we can usually schedule a new patient or lab results appointment within 1-2 months of the requested time.
We do have after hour consultations so patients can get in faster if they want to get in faster if it’s an emergency or if feel their health can’t wait. These consults have a higher consult price to ensure there is availability.
The fastest and easiest way to schedule an appointment is by using our online scheduler: Click here to make an appointment The earliest available appointments will always be posted online first.
15-30 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program. 1 lab test maybe reviewed if time permits. Troubleshoot any issues with your functional medicine program. This appointment type does not provide enough time to review lab work typically.
30-45 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program. 1-2 labs test maybe reviewed during this time.
60 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program. 2-3 labs test maybe reviewed during this time. *Patients are charge for the time block used not the time scheduled.
Cost / Insurance
We offer new patient consultations with family who are refered in at a discount of $100 off the typical new patient consult rate to see Dr. J.
The new patient consultation is an assessment of your health and recommendations on what tests are required to understand the state of your body systems. The new patient consultation fee does not include any follow ups, test kits or supplements. It does include extensive wellness resources including videos, books and handouts accessible in the members area and via email.
New patient consults with Dr. J $399.
New patient consults with the new patient consult coordinator $325.
It depends on how many test kits are recommended (typically 1-4) but we always recommend that if there are any budgetary concerns, clients start with their first test.
Body System 1 Test (Hormone System): Range between $100-$375.
Body System 2 Test (Digestion & Infections): Around $400
Body System 3 Test (Detox & Nutrients): $440
Test recommendations are specifically recommended at the time of new patient consult and follow consults. Our recommendations are based on getting the optimal information depending on what the patient is dealing with health-wise.
All of our recommendations can be adjusted and consolidated to help meet the budget of the patient. Doing something is always better than nothing, creating a program where at least 1 test can be taken is a great starting point.
There are no discounts available at this time.
We do not bill insurance companies; it is up to each individual to determine whether their insurance plan provides reimbursement for consultations, supplements and lab tests. With certain labs we help facilitate the lab company billing the patient’s insurance. If there are any issues with the billing, it is the patients responsibility to contact the lab to address the matter.
All patient invoices are super-bill coded and list CPT and diagnosis codes that you may submit to your insurance company. Our superbills provide the codes for consultations and lab tests. Most insurance companies will not reimburse for supplements. Please note that we cannot guarantee reimbursement. This will depend on your individual plan. HSA and flex savings account can be used for payment as well.
If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify our office a minimum of 72 hours before your scheduled time or you may be charged for that appointment. New Patient Consultations may be charged in full if the cancellation policy is not followed. Dr. Justin has patients waiting a month to be seen, and a missed appointment takes time away from someone else.
Please make sure you are receiving confirmation and reminder emails regarding your appointments. If not please mark these appointments on your calendar manually to ensure you can attend. You can also mark these emails as friendly to increase the chance that you will receive them.
As a courtesy, our scheduling service will email you an appointment reminder the day the appointment is made and 1-7 days in advance before your consult. We can not guarantee patients will receive these reminders because of email and spam filters. Not receiving a reminder email is not an acceptable excuse for a missed consultation.
The payment is due after the consultation, the patient will receive an emailed invoice where payment can be entered online to finalize the invoice.
Methods of payment are: Digital Checks (no mailed checks), Visa, MasterCard, HSA, Flex-savings, Discover or debit card.
If you need to adjust your invoice, don’t worry you will not be charged any late fees as long as you let us know you need to make adjustments in the first 2 business days of receiving it. If you need to delay any of the supplements or labs (not including consults) we can break them up into separate invoices that can be paid at a later date of your choosing. Labs and supplements will ship once they have been paid.
You can also ask the doctor to leave supplements or labs off your invoice during your consult and you can go online and order them at your leisure at www.justinhealth.com/shop.
We always waive late fees as a one time courtesy for new patients. When you read the invoice cover letter that goes out with every emailed invoice, the late fee policy is very transparent. The late fees start 2 business days after the consult and do not apply if you reach out back to the office in the first 2 business days to make any adjustments. If you have reached out to the office within 2 business days and received a late fee, just email us and we can waive it for you.
The policy is here for a few reasons.
1. To make sure we collect payment in a timely manner. In a physical setting, the payment would take place immediately after the consult.
2. To ensure the timing and sequencing of care in regards to labs, supplements and follow-up consult rescheduling. Also, many patients have information regarding their invoice top of mind right after their consult, the longer a patient waits to pay, the greater chance they forget why they are being prescribed a certain supplement or lab tests in their protocol. This then requires the need to schedule additional follow up consults so the patient can be refreshed on the rationale of their protocol.
3. To prevent staff time from being spent rescheduling, answering questions and accommodating patients who have delayed payment.
Since we added this policy it solves the issues above. Thank you.
The intro consult requires a deposit of the $20 to hold your consult. The $20 deposit can then be applied as a credit towards your new patient consult.
For patients who continue with care, the intro consult is essentially free.
The office has a 48-hour cancellation policy. Any last minute cancellations or missed consults will forfeit the $20 deposit.
Supplement recommendations can range between $50 to $400 per month. Supplements are recommended specifically on a case by case basis depending on patients individual body system lab testing for the their hormones, digestion, infections, detox, and nutritional deficiencies. It’s also dependent on what phase of care the patient maybe in, as some phases of care overlap. This may occur like when infections are being addressed while supporting the adrenal and digestion.
The factors that can influence supplement recommendations also include the patient’s current diet, lifestyle, sleep, work and home stress. Other variables can include your age and how long you have been dealing with health challenges for.
Supplementation recommendation can also be adjusted to a patients budget. The biggest issue is making sure expectations are managed. The more health challenges a patient is currently dealing with may require more supplementation to help accelerate their healing.
Realistic expectations help patients to be more compliant on their health journey. If a patient is currently dealing with massive stress (work or relationship stress) that can’t be avoided at the time, our goals maybe more to prevent health decline than actually heal and improve ones health. Everyone’s at a different place in their health journey so Dr. J’s goal is to help meet a patient where they are at on their journey.
Scenario 1: Certain labs Dr. Justin runs are specialty labs and are purchased via cash. These cash based labs don’t have any additional lab read fees associated with them. Certain lab tests Dr. Justin orders, the lab company can help facilitate the billing of the insurance for the patient, which provides a savings. The lab read fee is designed to cover the cost of the extra time from Dr. Justin and administration from the staff to help provide this savings to the patient.
Scenario 2: If any labs are ordered outside of the office based on Dr. Justin’s recommendation and are brought back for him to review, a lab read fee will be charged.
Scenario 3: Dr. Justin recommends cash based labs as it is very difficult to ensure your insurance will cover certain labs. Cash labs ensure an exact cost, plus these labs come with super-bill receipts and can be submitted to insurance for potential reimbursement as well.
New patient initial consultation (with new patient coordinator): $299.
New patient consultations with Dr. J $399.
After hour consults are available for $100 more. New patient consults may be shorter or longer depending on patients questions and issues.
Nutrition consults with a nutritionist are available for 30-45 minutes for $175
All follow up consultations (For existing patients only) are billed in 15-minute blocks.
45-60 minute followup: $299
30-45 minutes followup: $225
15-30 minutes followup $150
1-15 minutes followup $80
A late fee of $5 per day will be applied to bills unpaid after 48 hours. Click here for more info on our late fee policy.
*Follow up consultations will be billed for the actual time block used, not the time block you schedule. Many patients underestimate how much time is needed to address their concerns.
Body System 1 Tests (Hormone System): Range between $100-$375.
Body System 2 Tests (Digestion & Infections): Around $400
Body System 3 Tests (Detox & Nutrients): $440
Test recommendations are specifically recommended at the time of new patient consult and follow consults. Our recommendations are based on getting the optimal information depending on what the patient is dealing with healthwise. All of our recommendations can be adjusted and consolidated to help meet the budget of the patient. Doing something is always better than nothing, creating a program where at least 1 test can be taken is a great starting point.
Depending on the protocol created by Dr. Justin, the estimated total cost starts at approximately Supplements will range between $50 to $400 per month and depends how healthy or sick you are at starting the program. All programs can be customized to the patients needs at the new patient consult and follow up consult.
Current Patient Questions
Go to www.justinhealth.com and click the schedule button. You can also go directly to www.justinhealth.com/schedule and click on the appropriate appointment you are looking to schedule. Find an open time, fill out the required information, click submit and you are in. You will get an appointment confirming your appointment as well as appointment reminders leading up to your appointment.
Typically all appointments are scheduled in your time zone according to where you are located when you schedule your appointment. If you are scheduling in a different time zone then where you live, please adjust for this.
Orders are shipped by regular USPS. If requested, we can also send you the tracking number as well.
Our office ships within 1 business day of payment from your online order unless stated otherwise. This excludes holidays.
- Pre-approval is required on all returns. Once approved we will provide instructions for the return process.
- Refunds are granted via PayPal to avoid chargeback fees or the refund can be returned to your credit card for a 3% chargeback fee.
- Refunds are given once products are returned and then inspected. Opened supplements, refrigerated supplements or special orders cannot be refunded.
- Supplements (non-special order, unopened and non-refrigerated items) may be returned with a 15% restocking fee of the purchase price for store credit once products are returned.
- All supplement returns must be requested within 30 days of the invoice date and returned no later than one week after the return window of 30 days.
- Prepaid tests and lab read fees can be returned for credit within 30 days of the invoice date and returned no later than one week after the return window of 30 days for a 15% restocking fee.
- All ingredients for Dr. J’s supplements can be found in the store as well. It’s the patient’s responsibility to make sure there are no specific allergens in the supplements before they are shipped, the best time to address this is during the supplement program design. If products are sent and allergies are found after the fact, the above return policy applies.
- The clinic is not responsible for issues with shipping as long as the products are sent to the address approved by the patient in the previous invoice. The patient is responsible to make arrangements with the delivery services if there is an issue with the package, this includes lost and stolen packages as well.
The quickest and easiest way to order supplements or test kits is via our online store. You will receive a password from our office via email in order to gain access to the store.
- 1-2 lab tests, 30-45 minutes
- 3 or more lab test will require at least 45-60 minutes.
- Please schedule according to how many
labtests your have and or add extra time if you have more questions.
- You will only be charged for the time you need, not the time you schedule, just give it your best guess.
- International orders are shipped by USPS Mail International Priority. Please contact the office for any international shipment requests. If you require expedited shipping, please e-mail for UPS Expedited Worldwide shipping charges. International shipping fees will be charged on a separate invoice once distance and weight costs can be calculated.
Functional Medicine, rather than targeting individual symptoms, focuses on the optimal functioning of the entire body and its organs. It addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach in partnership with understanding the conditions and history in which the disease manifested. Genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors all have a direct influence of long-term health and chronic health issues.
Dr. Justin’s Method is a functional medicine lab based health approach focused on addressing five common conditions – weight gain, fatigue, depression, female hormone and digestive problems – through restoring the 3 main body systems: hormones, digestion and detoxification.
Results vary by each person. Some people feel dramatic improvement within the first month, others may take a bit longer. Our standard programs are for a minimum of 6 months. Remember, your body didn’t fail overnight. Years of stress and illness takes its toll and it takes a proper amount of time to restore. On average it takes one month of repair for each year you’ve suffered from a specific problem.
Dr. Justin’s Method addresses the 5 most chronic symptoms of weight gain, fatigue, depression, hormone imbalances and digestive problems that are typically misunderstood/misdiagnosed by conventional medicine practitioners who attempt to address the symptoms, not the root cause/damaged system. Dr. Justin’s Method is a lab-based natural health protocol that tests and identifies the dysfunction of the 3 core main body systems. Typically these 3 main systems have become compromised long BEFORE the symptoms appeared. The lab tests are used to determine the required natural support needed to rebalance your body back to its normal state.
Dr. Justin’s health protocol has been tested and proven with 10 years of clinical experience by over 2,000 patients. With that said, it depends on the diligence of each client in following their daily protocol and making lifestyle changes that only they can be responsible for implementing.
Dr. Justin is committed to assisting and empowering his clients to take back their health and experience life changing results if they are committed to the process.
We see a 90% plus sucess rate with patients. Some patients have multiple infections and have been sick for decades, so the speed at which someone heals will be different for each person.
These are natural, plant based products that support and balance the adrenal glands and are combined into customized wellness plans based on individual lab results.
Depending on the results of your lab tests, Dr. Justin uses different combinations of DHEA, pregnenolone, and all of the herbs, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals required for adrenal recovery.
While retesting isn’t required, it is recommended that a client retest at the 6 month mark to measure improvement and adjust protocols if needed. Once a client has achieved their desired health results, we recommend annual testing to ensure your body systems continue functioning at their best.
Initial programs range anywhere from 3-6 months depending on the degree of your health condition.
The goal of the Justin Method is to mimic the body’s natural reproduction of its own hormones and we only use products that naturally occur in the body to restore your internal production of adrenal hormones.