Advantages of the Organix Basic Profile
- Innovative Method – The LC/MS-MS method, which is also used to screen newborns for metabolic disorders, requires very little sample preparation and processing. This technology provides more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.
- Single Urine Specimen – A single overnight urine collection is easy for patients, leading to increased patient compliance.
- Follow-up Testing Option – The Organix comprehensive offers an easy and affordable follow-up testing option to monitor targeted therapy in patients when dysbiosis markers are unneeded.
Why use an organic acids test?
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, and intestinal microbial activity. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This abnormality may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect. An organic acids urine test helps reveal activity and changes at the metabolic level, helping practitioners discover hidden issues and pinpoint where therapeutic focus is needed.
From a single urine specimen, the Organix Comprehensive Profile provides important information in the areas of:
- Vitamin and mineral insufficiencies
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant sufficiency markers
- Indicators to assess detoxification sufficiency
- The best functional markers of B-complex deficiency
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess central nervous system (CNS) function
- Mitochondrial energy production assessment via citric acid cycle components
- Methylation sufficiency status
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers
The Organix Profiles can provide important information for treating certain conditions, including:
- Sleep abnormalities
- Mood changes
- Blood sugar dysregulation
- Weight gain
- Multiple chemical sensitivity
- Joint pain
- Autoimmune disorders
- Early aging