By Dr. Justin Marchegiani
Chicken soup made in a crock pot is the best way to make chicken soup. This soup is anti-inflammatory and provides many great nutrients to help improve gut health. There’s no need for noodles as you will notice the flavor is amazing. This recipe is easy to make and can cook all day or not and be ready when you wake up or when you come home from work.
1. Get a crock pot, ideally a crock pot with a timer is best.
2. Organic, high quality chicken with bones are best. The bones are an important source of collagen and can help with joint and skin health.
3. Cut up 1 full onion, 5 carrots, and 8 celery sticks. Kale or extra greens can be added if you would like.
4. You can add 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar to provide acidity to help bone minerals out of the bone more efficiently.
5. Add 2 boxes of chicken broth! I use the brand “Imagine”, you can find it at Whole Foods. If you use a different brand, be sure to read the ingredients. It should not include any sugar or maltodextrin, autolysed yeast extract, and any other artificial ingredients.
6. Set the temp on low and let cook for 8 hours.
7. Add salt or pepper and season to taste! Enjoy!