What does care look like?
What does it cost to work with you?
New patient consults with Dr. J $399.
Follow-up consultations (For existing patients only) are billed in the block increments below.
- 45-60 minute follow-up: $299
- 30-45 minutes follow-up: $225
- 1-30 minutes follow-up $150
Consultation are typically recommended every 4-5 weeks to ensure optimal compliance and support is given.
New patient consults with the new patient consult coordinator $325 (Not Dr. J).
It depends on how many test kits are recommended (typically 1-4) but we always recommend that if there are any budgetary concerns, clients start with their first test.
Body System 1 Test (Hormone System): Range between $100-$375.
Body System 2 Test (Digestion & Infections): Around $400
Body System 3 Test (Detox, Nutrients & Toxicitiy): $300-$450
Test recommendations are specifically recommended at the time of new patient consult and follow consults. Our recommendations are based on getting the optimal information depending on what the patient is dealing with health-wise.
All of our recommendations can be adjusted and consolidated to help meet the budget of the patient. Doing something is always better than nothing, creating a program where at least 1 test can be taken is a great starting point.
Supplement recommendations can range between $50 to $400 per month. Supplements are recommended specifically on a case by case basis depending on patients individual body system lab testing for the their hormones, digestion, infections, detox, and nutritional deficiencies. It’s also dependent on what phase of care the patient maybe in, as some phases of care overlap. This may occur like when infections are being addressed while supporting the adrenal and digestion.
The factors that can influence supplement recommendations also include the patient’s current diet, lifestyle, sleep, work and home stress. Other variables can include your age and how long you have been dealing with health challenges for.
Supplementation recommendation can also be adjusted to a patients budget. The biggest issue is making sure expectations are managed. The more health challenges a patient is currently dealing with may require more supplementation to help accelerate their healing.
Is Dr. Justin an MD?
Dr. Justin is not a medical doctor; he does not service medical emergencies, diagnose, treat or issue protocols for any medical diseases. If you have a medical emergency, you must contact your primary care physician or dial 911.
Dr. Justin is a licensed chiropractor who supports chemical, physical and emotional stress imbalances, with the goal of promoting wellness.
Can I email Dr. Justin with any questions/concerns?
Dr. Justin is happy to answer brief questions via email you may have about your protocol or symptoms. If the question can be answered in less than a minute Dr. Justin will answer it. If it is a complex question which requires further back and forth communication, Dr. Justin will recommend scheduling a brief consult to address it, or address it at your next consult if it’s not an emergency.
Dr. Justin has handouts regarding supplement reactions and certain supplement instructions. See the members area first for those handouts. Including supplement reactions, die off reactions, thyroid support instructions and HCL and digestive support guide instructions.
Can I see Dr. J in person at his physical office location?
Dr. Justin no longer sees patients in person at a physical location. Dr. Justin sees patients virtually over the phone or video from all over the world.
Most people that desire a physical consultation with their doctor, find that a video and screen sharing consultation can provide as much support or more as an in-person consult would.
To schedule your consultation please go to www.justinhealth.com/schedule
Phone is the default method of communication unless video is requested before or even during the consult.
What should I do if I am struggling sticking to my protocol?
It’s very important we keep good two-way communication if any issues occur as most of the times there are solutions for them.
If you are feeling overwhelmed the best step is to schedule a consult asap to review progress and break up the next steps in your health journey into smaller chunks so you feel less overwhelmed.
How would you describe Dr. Justin's personality / practitioner style?
Dr. Justin is a very caring doctor. He is deeply passionate about empowering people to take back their health and live fully balanced happy lives. He found his way to his career through his own health challenge and knows what it’s like to have a chronic health condition. In working with thousands of patients, he practices kindness and understanding through all of his interactions. Please see our testimonial page of our website for feedback from many of his patients.
What is the time frame in which I should expect an answer?
Dr. Justin and the office staff are committed to responding within 2 business days.
What is the goal of the new patient consultation?
It’s important to highlight the goal of the new patient consultation is to gather information about the patient that will help guide diet, lifestyle, supplement and lab recommendations that may be made initially. As patients engage in follow up consults, diet and supplement recommendations will be refined as feedback from the patients and labs are received. We will use the new patient paperwork as starting point to dive deeper into the patients specifics health issues. Some patient expect to get more info out of the new patient consult, but the expectation is really that the doctor receive more info about you to help guide our long term treatment plan (which will be reviewed more thoroughly when labs are in).
Dr. J and his staff will address the following during the new patient consult:
- What has worked and what hasn’t worked: To get a sense of what has worked in the past and what hasn’t worked in the past regarding previous practitioners and self-work. Our goal is to do more of what has worked and less of what hasn’t worked. This information is also very meaningful in regards to coming up with a plan on how we move forward.
- Complete metabolic history: To get a complete view of your metabolic history (Gut health, respiration, neurological etc). This can give us clues in what direction we should head in. This also helps us prioritize diet, lifestyle, supplement and lab recommendations. Also, previous history from parents and relatives also helps provide very important information as well.
- Diet and lifestyle history: To get a sense of your previous diet, lifestyle, movement, sleep and lifestyle habits. This gives us a starting point regarding how much support you may need in upcoming consultations. Many people may need additional follow-up support regarding diet and lifestyle until they can show the doctor a level of competence in these areas. Some patients may be doing great and need very little support. Our goal is to create a customized program that meets each patient where they are at.
- Old labs: To briefly review old labs (If any) to get a sense of what has been on the radar with previous doctors. Some patients may only have a few labs which can be reviewed at the new patient consult (New labs will require a follow up consultation as they need to be reviewed more in-depth so protocols can be created from them) Some patients may have dozens of pages of lab results and typically need to be reviewed at the follow-up consult. We put more weight on labs within the last year and of course any labs where values have been outside of the conventional lab ranges. Dr. Justin will review your labs from a conventional perspective but also interpret the labs through an optimal health range perspective too.
- New labs: Once we have gathered the information from above, we will be able to prioritize and recommend specific new functional medicine lab tests to help us assess the function your body systems (Hormones, gut/infections, and detox). These labs help provide us with more information, so we can get to the root cause of your health challenges. The more labs we can order up front (typically 1-4 labs based on your body systems), the better we will be able to create a comprehensive functional medicine program that works. If you would like to pull back or increase the lab or supplement recommendations out of the gate, please keep an open dialogue with Dr. J and the office so we can calibrate our recommendations to your specific needs.
Important Notes: The most important thing is we at least work on taking small steps in the right direction of healing. Some patients may need to go slower out of the gates for many reasons, and some may want to go faster, both are ok. Some patients may expect a full treatment program right after their new patient consult, this is not possible as new labs haven’t been ordered and more data is needed to be collected before this can happen.
To review new labs in-depth at the new patient consult is not possible due to the time involved, we only briefly review old labs to get a sense of red flag issues that are already on our radar to help better guide new lab recommendations.
A full treatment plan will typically occur at the follow up consult and will be adjusted as we address each individual body system and more data comes in at future consults. If patients’ have realistic expectations entering the new patient consult, it allows us to work better together and improves our chances of helping you achieve your health goals.
How long are the consultations?
1-30 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program.
Troubleshoot any issues with your functional medicine program. This appointment type does not provide enough time to review lab work.
30-45 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program. 1-2 labs test may be reviewed during this time.
45-60 minute consult: This consult is designed for questions regarding diet, lifestyle and the supplement program. 3-4 labs test may be reviewed during this time. *Patients are charged for the time block used not the time scheduled.